Web Design Lead Needed for a Fast Moving Company
We're one of the leading online business insurance agencies in U.S., focused on micro-business owners (Read: We protect the little guy/gal). We have opportunity for a Web Design Lead in our new Chicago office (we've outgrown our first one) This is a contract-to-hire or full time opportunity.
To blow this up you will need a strong graphic/layout vision, design ability to quickly prototype pages using Photoshop, and have some experience with Dreamweaver, HTML, and CSS. This is an opportunity to make your mark on something lasting, new.
Minimum Required Skills: Photoshop, DreamWeaver, HTML
A highly unusual combination of speed and style. An experienced designer who can prototype a web site, architect the information to be highly readable and friendly, design the skins to be innovative and contemporary, incorporate the latest controls and experience, code the page templates and style sheets. All the while collaborating with the IT team, recommending click pathways, wordsmithing, and optimizing pages for search engines. No big deal. That's how you roll...
What you Need:
- Translate business and user requirements into highly engaging and compelling design concepts
- Conceptualize, design, and develop the User Interface/User Experience as well as the overall look and feel of web pages
- Communicate design strategy and rationale to our team, including product managers and other key stakeholders
- Collaborate with the marketing and product team in the production of captivating brand messages
- Create designs including sketches, visual design mockups, visual assets and documentation required for proper implementation
- Incorporate user interface design standards across the website, as needed
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work quickly without sacrificing quality
- Strong grasp of web design principles, information design, typography, color, iconography and layout
- Compelling portfolio that demonstrates beautiful interactive experiences and innovative design
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience/Understanding of HTML, CSS, ActionScript, and jQuery is a plus
- Ability to work with constructive criticism as well as adhere to deadlines
- A work style that is detail oriented
- References or an established reputation on Elance preferred
What you'll be doing:
What's in it for you:
Since 1997, Insureon has been a trustworthy and affordable insurance agent for small business owners in the U.S. We focus on providing exceptional insurance value to clients as their trusted advisor, delivering efficiency, expertise and a deep understanding of business risks and how to minimize them. Insureon is an e-agent that offers office and professional groups fast, easy, one-stop shopping for all their property and liability insurance needs. Insureon is privately held and includes TechInsurance.com, which is focused on insurance for owners of IT consulting firms and Web service providers, and BusinessInsuranceNow.com, which serves small businesses outside of the technology industry.
Please do not send your resume/email directly to us.
We ask that you follow the instructions on this page and we will review every candidate. Insureon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.